ACDS at a Glance
San Jose Private Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Elementary & Middle School
Families come to ACDS from a variety of areas throughout Silicon Valley, with the majority residing in Almaden Valley, Blossom Valley, Willow Glen, Los Gatos, Campbell, and Evergreen, for our balanced approach to teaching. We are excited to share more about our school with you! Set up a visit with our Admissions Office to learn more and set up a tour.
- Founded in 1982
- Coeducational, Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade
- 394 students enrolled for 2022-23
- Families come to ACDS from a variety of areas throughout Silicon Valley, with the majority residing in Almaden Valley, Blossom Valley, Willow Glen, Los Gatos, Campbell, and Evergreen
- Parents enjoy volunteering in an array of school activities and events, with convenient options enabling more than 75% of our families to participate each year
- On average, about 95% of families re-enroll annually
- Approximately 20% of families receive nearly $1 million in tuition assistance
- Most of our middle school students choose to attend private high schools, but many opt to attend our strong local public high schools
- On average, 98% of our eighth graders who apply to private high school are admitted
- We are proud of our alumni and everything they accomplish during and after their time at ACDS
Average teacher/student ratio
- Pre-Kindergarten – 1:6
- Kindergarten – 1:12
- 1st through 8th – 1:18 **
- The Learning Center – 1:4
** Middle School math and science courses are limited to 10-15 students to support individualized learning in these subjects.
- 61 teachers, aides, and teaching administrators
- Average teaching experience: 12 years
- 60% of teaching staff hold graduate degrees, including 3 PhDs
- Teacher retention averages more than 90% annually
- Subject-area specialists teach science, technology, drama, art, foreign language, music, physical education, and library skills
- Faculty includes published authors; professional artists, actors, and musicians; conference and workshop speakers; world travelers; former collegiate and professional athletes; and the 2021 National Coach of the Year for Middle School Speech and Debate
- 100% of faculty donate to the Annual Giving Campaign
Almaden Country Day School is accredited by the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS).
The deeper I dive into the world of education policy and research, the more I realize how transformative the ‘whole child’ education framework that ACDS embraces is. Research indicates that the core features of ACDS’s model – where students’ social-emotional needs are prioritized alongside their academic ones – are critical to supporting both the academic achievement and healthy development of children. ACDS is a gem amongst schools in the Bay Area...
Maya Kaul, CLass of '09