Affordability: Tuition Support
Almaden Country Day School is pleased to be able to offer tuition support through our Tuition Support program. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total costs of an ACDS education, we encourage you to apply for Tuition Support.
Demonstrated need is determined by the Clarity Application, a third-party financial calculator, that will prequalify applicants for Tuition Support along with any supplemental information provided by the family. The allocation of tuition support will then be reviewed by the ACDS Tuition Support Committee based on:
- Clarity Application report and supplemental information
- Current cost of living and other variables
- Student's academic and behavioral standing from current and/or previous school(s)
- Ways in which the student's family will contribute/contributes to the life of the school (e.g. volunteering) or otherwise demonstrates a commitment to ACDS
Based on the Clarity Application report and considerations above, the Committee then makes its recommendation to our CFO, who relays the award information to the family.
To start the process, click the 'Apply through Clarity' button below. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The Clarity Application is also mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time. At the end of the application, there is a $60 fee (which can be paid by credit card) to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity Application for no additional charge.
Deadlines to apply for the 2024-25 School Year: New families should submit completed Clarity applications by Feb. 26 to receive notification along with the first round of admissions decisions. The deadline for current families is Jan. 22 to receive a response in time for re-enrollment.
Please download the Clarity Quick Reference Guide for additional information and see our Clarify FAQs below. If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available as well as email support at firstname.lastname@example.org in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.
Please remember to return to your dashboard after you complete and submit your Clarity Application, as ACDS requires you to upload additional tax documentation. A complete and accurate tuition support application must be submitted through the Clarity Application to receive consideration. Incomplete applications, including those without requested documents, will not be reviewed. Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered in the order they are received and to the extent tuition support resources are still available.
New families will be notified of their award with their admissions offer letter. Returning families will be notified of their award by mid-March.
For more information about Tuition Support at ACDS, please see the FAQs below or contact Associate Head of School, Advancement, Jennifer Glasser.
- How do we know if we qualify for Tuition Support?
- How do you calculate our award amount?
- Who makes the final decision on Tuition Support awards?
- Is the award one year only, or do we keep getting Tuition Support as long as our children are enrolled at ACDS?
- Does Tuition Support apply to both the TLC Program tuition and student fee?
- Why did Almaden Country Day School choose Clarity?
- How does Clarity make it easier for me to apply for financial aid?
- Is my information secure with Clarity?
- How will this impact my award?
- Will I still need to apply every year?
- Can I complete my Clarity application on my phone or tablet?
- When do I need to apply?