Blacktop Bash - June 3 from 5-9 PM
All ACDS families and their children are welcome to attend this casual food truck event on the ACDS Blacktop. ACDS will provide the music, and families should bring lawn chairs, picnic mats, and dancing shoes. The food trucks will accept credit cards and cash. Please RSVP so we can reserve the appropriate number of food trucks for this community event.
In addition to the Middle School Social for our students in grades 6-8 that will start at 7PM in the Fisher Event Center, the Blacktop Bash also has a couple of other exciting attractions:
Art Exhibit in Room 2 from 5-7PM:
- Student Ceramics (grades 3-5)
- Digital Photography (MS elective)
Optional: From 7-7:30PM, artwork may be picked up; otherwise, art can also be collected on Monday or Tuesday at the Art Studio (Room 2).
Summer Camp Booths from 5-7PM:
- ACDS Summer Camp leaders will be representing their respective camps on the blacktop in scheduled rotations. Come on by and learn more! Ask questions about camp curricula, what to expect, and plan to join the fun.
Auction and Benefit Soiree: THANK YOU!
YOU made our event so successful! Thank you to all the wonderful ACDS parents that made our Benefit Soiree such a huge success, and to the countless donors who bid enthusiastically online. We are grateful for all your support.
A special thank you to the dedicated auction committee who made it all possible;
- Kimberly Ahlgren (Payton 8th, David 6th and Austin 3rd)
- Jennie Berto (Ellie 8th and Dylan 4th)
- Sean Halasz (Joshua and Jacqueline, PreK)
- Katie Lake (Jaiden '21 and Hayden 8th)
- Zena Olsen (Miles '18)
- Heather Peters (Hannah 8th)
For all Auction related information, please visit this page. Together we give!
State of the School - Evening Session Recording
Thank you to everyone who submitted questions and/or attended the State of the School Q&A sessions. We will inform you as soon as we land on a new date for the second session. In the meantime, here is the recording for the evening session. This file will eventually live under Parent’s Corner.
LISTEN TO RECORDING
NEW! ACDS Summer Camps Update
Can ACDS Summer Camps get more fun? Why, yes, it can!
- Session C: Planetary Science & Rockets Camp - Now rising 5th graders can join this exhilarating camp run by geologist and rocketeer Mr. Mike Laine and our very own science specialist Mr. Paul Justiniano. There’s just a handful of spots left so jet on over to sign up!
- Session B: “Gotta catch ‘em all!” If you recognize this catchphrase, this new summer camp offering may be just the ticket to a fun summer for your child. The Board Games & Pokemon Summer Camp is perfect for…well…Pokemon cards and board game enthusiasts or for those wanting to learn to play more games. Led by Mr. Justiniano for children entering first grade and up.
Monday, May 30
Tuesday, May 31
- COVID testing on campus for all students, staff, and parent volunteers
Tuesday, June 7
- COVID testing on campus for ONLY
- Those involved in the Graduation ceremony inside the FEC (8th g. students, Faculty & Staff, and the 7th grade ushers)
- Parents volunteering on Wednesday, June 8
Wednesday, June 8
- Early dismissal at 11:30 am for all students in Pre-K through 7th grade (8th grade is off campus); no after care
Spring Book Fair - WE DID IT!
Thanks to the wonderful ACDS community, the spring book fair was a HUGE success! Students were so excited to purchase books and see the new library space, and we surpassed our book fair goal by 40%! This event would not have been possible without the book fair co-chairs, Jennifer Billante (Leo 8th, Annabella 6th) and Kelly Richards (Ethan 6th, Karis 3rd), and the wonderful parents who signed up to volunteer for the event.
Thank you to our parent volunteers for their assistance with COVID testing prep and the facilitation of the testing each week. We appreciate you!
Thank you to the Pre-K through 2nd grade families and our wonderful Teacher Luncheon co-chairs who provided the ACDS staff with a delicious lunch this week.
LOVING THE NOW. READY FOR NEXT.