Save the Date! Booster Bingo Night - February 4, 2023
Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
Time: 6 - 10 p.m.
Who: ACDS Parents, Alumni, Faculty, and Friends (21+ only)
Location: Fisher Event Center, ACDS Campus
Cost: $60 Per Person (21+ only)
Presented by ACDS Booster Club, this fun event brings our (21+) community together for a night of bingo games, food, drinks, raffle prizes, and more. Your ticket purchase benefits ACDS student-athletes. Mark your calendar for one of the most fun nights of the year!
Registration opens soon, but in the meantime, please save the date for this fun evening supporting our student athletes!
Social-Emotional Learning: Positive Discipline
Save the Dates: Parent Workshops led by Positive Discipline Expert
We are proud to host the following online Positive Discipline parent workshops for all ACDS parents, led by Positive Discipline Lead Trainer Cathy Kawakami. Attending these workshops is an excellent opportunity to strengthen what our children are already learning in the classroom:
- NEXT WEEK! Wednesday, December 7, 2022 - The Positive Discipline Framework and How it is Helpful for Building ALL Relationships
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - Focusing on Solutions by Making Agreements and Following through with Dignity and Respect
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023 - Practicing Skills for Respectful Communication
All online workshops will run from 7-8 p.m. on Zoom, and the Zoom link will be sent the day of the scheduled workshop.
Faculty Appreciation Holiday Luncheon & Raffle - Please Help
Please consider donating a gift basket or single gift item to be included in the raffle. A la carte gifts can also be donated and will be placed in a themed gift. Donations are due by Wednesday, December 14.
Need some inspiration? Here are a few examples of past gift items and baskets:
- Gift cards
- Bread maker + cookbook
- “Movie Night” basket with popcorn, candy
- “Home Improvement” basket with tools and gift cards
- “Picnic at the Park” basket with insulated tote bag, picnic blanket, and goodies
- “Relax at Home” basket with hot cocoa mix, cozy blanket, and Doordash gift card
- “Pasta Night” basket with pasta, sauce, breadsticks, and wine
- “Kitchen Basket” with kitchen tools, towels, cutting board, Whole Foods gift card
Click here to view complete details and sign up using iVolunteer.
Important Dates for December and January
Friday, December 2
- Minimum Day, Dismissal @ 11:45 AM (extended care available)
Friday, December 16
- Minimum Day, Dismissal @ 11:45 AM (no extended care)
December 17, 2022 - January 2, 2023
- School Closed, Winter Break
January 3, 2023
- Teacher Inservice, No School for Students
January 4, 2023
January 16, 2023
January 27, 2023
- Parent Conferences by request, No School for Students
Lost & Found Bursting at the Seams
All puns aside, the school’s Lost & Found is at capacity. We have PE clothes, fleeces, hoodies, water bottles, lunch boxes, shoes, and more -- Why buy new when you can reclaim? Please sift through the racks located outside of the auditorium to locate and pick up your items by January 13, 2023. If items are not claimed by this date, clothing will be laundered and added to the Uniform Exchange, and the rest will be donated. Thank you for your help!
Thank you for the Feast!
To the many, many parent and alumni volunteers, thank you for the best return to our Feast tradition we could have imagined! To everyone who helped our students prep side dishes, to everyone who baked a turkey (or two), to everyone who helped with setting up and serving, to everyone who helped clean up, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Also, a special and huge thank you to our Thanksgiving Feast co-chairs, Caitlin Jacob and Sharareh Tajbakhsh, who spent months coordinating this magical tradition. THANK YOU, ALL!