Calling All Party People!
ACDS Benefit Auction and Dinner is currently forming a committee, and we need YOU!
What is the ACDS Benefit Auction and Dinner?
ACDS hosts an annual benefit dinner party featuring a dinner, live auction and music. The event is a lively party that brings together parents, teachers, alumni, and friends of the school for a special evening to celebrate and support ACDS students and teachers. For the first time in ACDS history, we hope to hold this event on campus, in the spring. Date TBD.
What will the committee do and how can I get involved?
We are fortunate to have a community of parents with a multitude of interests and talents. From event decoration and catering to procuring auction items and setting the theme, many hands make light work, and we want to give everyone the opportunity to get involved. For more information please email Syma Latif at firstname.lastname@example.org and join the fun!
January Calendar Reminders
Monday, January 17 - No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Tuesday, January 18 - COVID testing on campus for all students and staff
Thursday, January 20 - COVID testing on campus for all students and staff
Monday, January 24 - COVID testing on campus for all students and staff
Thursday, January 27 - COVID testing on campus for all students and staff
Monday, January 31 - Early dismissal at noon for faculty in-service (after-care available), COVID testing on campus for all students and staff
5th Grade Play in the Fisher Event Center
Next week, our talented 5th grade students will delight and amaze us with their acting and singing. Thanks to our community’s vigilance, on-campus protections, and subsequently favorable testing results, we are excited to host the 5th grade plays in the Fisher Event Center with special COVID precautions.
To limit group size, the evening performances are for the 5th grade families only.
We ask all attendees to adhere to the following safety precautions:
- Clean and close-fitting masks (without vents) are required indoors and outside at all times on campus. We ask that all family members’ masks completely cover their nose, mouth and chin throughout the evening.
- The Fisher Event Center has active airflow when we open the window walls and doors on the Akio side of the building. Along with indoor masking, this cross ventilation is key to audience safety. You will likely feel the breeze inside the facility, and it will be cold at 7pm. Please dress accordingly.
- Family groups will be separated on all sides by 6 feet. Expect to see chairs set up in pairs with 6 feet of spacing; you are free to add chairs to your family group as needed, but please maintain the 6 feet of distance.
- The distancing will spread out our audience and move the rear chairs quite a way from the stage. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we maintain the school's expectations for safety.
- There is no food or drink allowed inside the Fisher Event Center.
- At the show’s conclusion, we’ll ask that parents move outdoors to congregate, chat, and reunite with the performers.
Building Confidence in Girls since 1996
Girls on the Run is a running and life skills club for girls in Grades 3-5. It runs 8 weeks from 3/14/22 - 5/1/22. This club has a lifelong impact on the girls who participate -- ACDS would love to host their own team again, but coaches are needed to make this happen.
GOTR requires that we have two coaches: at least one female coach over the age of 21, and one male or female over the age of 21. Coaches can be anyone in our ACDS community -- teachers, staff, parents, older siblings, aunts, uncles, etc. No experience required. Coaches will be responsible for “running” two practices a week after school for the eight week program using the already-established GOTR curriculum, with one culminating 5K race in May.
Do you know someone who is passionate about the physical, social, and emotional growth of the girls in our community? Contact Kristen Ingalz (email@example.com 408-460-1512) for further information.
LAST DAY to Reunite with your Belongings
Today is the last day to claim your belongings from the Lost and Found.
Please stop by the Lost and Found clothing racks, conveniently located by the Auditorium doors, and claim your child's missing items. Any items not claimed by the end of the school day TODAY will be either laundered and donated to the Uniform Exchange or delivered to Goodwill. Last call!
At this time, the website outage we experienced last week has been resolved. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as our website host, Finalsite, worked through the disruption.
Our website provider, Finalsite, has recently shared that there is no evidence that any school data has been viewed, compromised, or extracted as a result of this incident. Finalsite is continuing with a thorough investigation with a third-party forensic specialist and will keep us informed if this changes in the course of the investigation.
Read the full memorandum here.