Our parents are as thirsty for knowledge as their students! We will offer events, talks, and more throughout the year. Periodically we will also post recommended reading from our faculty who are also specialists in their subjects.
In the meantime, please enjoy this specially curated collection of videos featuring dynamic speakers who are specialists in pedagogy, subject matter, child rearing, and more.
- Bridges Resources (for Parents of Preschool - 5)
Understanding Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, and Dysgraphia
- Dyslexia Basics https://dyslexiaida.org/dyslexia-basics/
- Spelling Difficulties https://dyslexiaida.org/spelling/
- Math Challenges: Understanding Dyscalculia https://dyslexiaida.org/understanding-dysgraphia
- Identifying and Teaching Gifted Dyslexic Students https://dyslexiaida.org/gifted-and-dyslexic-identifying-and-instructing-the-twice-exceptional-student-fact-sheet/
- ADHD and Dyslexia Fact Sheet https://dyslexiaida.org/attention-deficithyperactivity-disorder-adhd-and-dyslexia/
- Testing and Evaluation for Dyslexia https://dyslexiaida.org/testing-and-evaluation/
- Recommended Reading
- Overcoming Dyslexia: A New and Complete Science-Based Program for Reading Problems at Any Level by Dr. Sally Shaywitz
- The Dyslexic Advantage: Unlocking the Hidden Potential of the Dyslexic Brain by Dr. Brock L. Eide