COVID Positive Case FAQs
Updated January 25, 2021
- Q: What is a “close contact?”
- Q: In the first positive case in the elementary grades, groups of children and adults were quarantined, while in the second case in the middle school, fewer students had to stay home. Why is this?
- Q: If a child who is quarantined was a “close contact” of my child, why is my child not quarantined?
- Q: When we’ve had positive cases, some parents and staff members in a class or grade level receive the County template letters from the administration, and others don’t. Why doesn’t everyone get informed at the same time?
- Q: The school shares very limited information about a positive case. This is frustrating because it is a stressful situation. Can parents and staff receive more information to be able to better understand their risks?
- Q: Why doesn’t obtaining a negative COVID test allow someone to exit quarantine?
- Q: Why do quarantine lengths differ?