Introducing the annual Almaden Country Day School ASSETS – our All School Student Exhibition and Talent Showcase — a popular ACDS tradition for more than a decade and a lively celebration of student success and skills.
Each spring ASSETS exhibits highlight some of the students’ best classroom artwork, enrichment projects, and live talent performances by individual students and groups across the grade levels.
The ASSETS celebration reflects the emphasis ACDS places on project-based learning, creative and performing arts, and our belief that every child can shine if enabled to feel safe, special and valued. The ASSETS exhibits and performances are as varied and enthralling as the children providing them!
ASSETS is a festive recognition each year of the pure potential of children, and the celebration embodies the ACDS mission: Discovering the gifts in every child.
Recent ASSETS features include:
- Sculptures and ceramic arts, including working fountains
- Collages honoring the Jewish Holocaust
- Pen, ink, watercolor and pastel artwork
- Vocal and instrumental music performances
- Magic tricks
- Ballet and modern dance
- Cultural dances from India, Russia, China, Thailand and Pakistan
- Stand-up comedy
- Balloon artistry
- Unicycle feats
- Martial arts exhibition
- Poetry recitals
- Gymnastics demonstrations