ACDS has always maintained a strong culture of family participation. Our incredible team of volunteers is the main reason why we’re able to sustain our rich and diverse on-campus traditions, as well as offer the unique extracurricular opportunities that make ACDS a standout among independent schools.
Throughout the year, parents are given numerous opportunities to participate in a wide variety of memorable experiences as volunteers, ranging from small classroom parties to school-wide holiday events. While participation is not required, we encourage every ACDS family to actively look for ways to help us provide the highest-quality programming to our children.
A contribution of your time doesn’t need to be large in order to have a significant impact. Whether it’s offering your expertise for one of our after-school clubs, bringing treats to a Halloween party in your child’s classroom, setting up before an all-school event or helping clean up afterward, our volunteer opportunities are designed to accommodate even the busiest of schedules. To see descriptions of our volunteering opportunities, please click here.
Donating your time and energy not only offers another way to be a part of your child’s academic life, but also provides valuable opportunities to meet other parents and to interact with faculty in an informal setting.
Parent Service Auxiliary (PSA)
Almaden Country Day School parents understand that their involvement with school activities contributes to their children’s success by demonstrating support for and engagement in their academic lives.
The PSA mission
Every ACDS parent and guardian is a member of the Parent Service Auxiliary (PSA). The PSA mission is to serve the needs of the school and children by:
- Creating memory-making events and programs that give the children and their families a joyful school experience.
- Building a strong, cohesive, involved, and informed school community.
- Supporting the school administration.
This mission is accomplished as a result of each family’s support and active participation in the PSA’s extensive family-oriented programming throughout the school year. Visit Parent Life to download the ACDS Parent Handbook.
All parents are encouraged to attend the monthly PSA meetings, usually held the first Monday of each month at 8:15 am in the PSA room.
The PSA board is comprised of PSA members who serve in a variety of positions and act as liaisons between the administration, faculty, and the parent community as a whole. The board is responsible for the management of all PSA events and programs, fundraising, as well as the allocation of its funds.
- Co-Presidents: Fiona Marshall & Katie Buck
- Communications: Jennie Berto
- Events Coordinator: Sean Halasz
- Treasurer: Tami DeLong
- Board Administrator: Bethany Wuerch
- Parent Engagement Coordinator: Daya Karam
- Service Coordinator: Kelli Kaplan
- iVolunteer: Michelle Laine
- Past President: Jenn Billante
- Head Room Parents: Lindsey Ballesteros (PreK & K), Tanvi Kothari (1-3rd), Deanna Carey (4-5), Rachel Villaron (6-8th)