The Learning Center Goals
- To close the gap between a child’s academic potential and academic performance;
- To provide individualized, multisensory language instruction that will develop new neural pathways to help children learn academic skills, including reading, writing, spelling, and math;
- To teach students the strategies to become independent, responsible learners;
- To enable students to experience success and to accept and value their learning experiences in a safe, supportive environment;
- To support and educate families of TLC students;
- To empower students with skills, confidence, and strategies to thrive in their transition to the general education classroom, at ACDS or another school;
- To serve as a springboard for student success at ACDS, in high school and college, and beyond.